Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Plugins suddenly stopped working

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by akaptt, Mar 3, 2018.

1. akaptt

Reply To: Plugins suddenly stopped working, by akaptt

I did not add word fence. My site is a little light on security. However, I have since poked around on the plugins page and went to the author’s site of inline-footnotes. I downloaded the plugin to my computer and manually copied to the plugins directory rather than using the plugins admin page for downloading. After the manual install the plugins admin could find it and activate it.

I will take a look at word fence anyway. I would be curious to see if anything has gotten in…

Also, FYI, I am self hosting on a Mac Mini running the latest High Sierra and Mac OS X server (hobby, otherwise I would pay the $20/month to host it somewhere: my personal internet and internal network infrastructure is of the “don’t try this at home” or the “not for the faint of heart” variety) I know the Mac flavor of unix does some funky relocation of service /etc and /var files which may affect things.

Anyway, thanks for the word fence ref.

Reply To: Plugins suddenly stopped working