Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Pinterest save button error: Sorry! Something went wrong on our...

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by craftyjulienow, Oct 31, 2017.

1. craftyjulienow

Reply To: Pinterest save button error: Sorry! Something went wrong on our end. Please try, by craftyjulienow

I am having similar issues and have checked on absolutely everything possible. I currently use the Social Warfare plugin for Pinterest images and links, but even when that plugin is disabled and I use the chrome pin it button, it doesn’t work. I have had a ticket ongoing and have gotten a response usually around once per week since October 8 with Pinterest. I haven’t heard anything back since October 20 from them, which is frustrating.

The last thing the Pinterest person sent me was this: “Focusing on your most recent blog post as you mentioned, I see that our crawler is blocked by your site. I checked your robots.txt file and you’re not blocking our crawler there. Is there anything set up on your hosting provider that would block our crawler? Here is our user agent info: https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/about-pinterest-crawler-0

I tried to update by robots.txt file and it did not work. My host tested Pinterest IPs to be sure they weren’t being blocked. I also reached my wordpress theme vendor troubleshoot, my husband who does code debugging, and the plugin vendor as well. No one has an answer accept that they’ve seen it before and Pinterest was able to fix it.

Reply To: Pinterest save button error: Sorry! Something went wrong on our end. Please try