Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Password Protected Page not redirecting properly

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Samuel Wood (Otto), Mar 2, 2018.

1. Samuel Wood (Otto)

Reply To: Password Protected Page not redirecting properly, by Samuel Wood (Otto)

That is unfortunate. I posted in haste, my company has strict security policies and would not want this information out on the internet. I understand what you are saying but am unsure how simply removing the htaccess will negatively impact the site.

Removing it won’t negatively impact us at all. But people posting stuff and then asking for them to be removed for invalid reasons wastes a lot of the time of our volunteer staff.

As it says in the Forum Welcome:

Forum topics will only be edited or deleted at the discretion of the moderators if they represent a valid legal, security, or safety concern.

This is not one of those three cases. There’s no secret information in your file that I can see. Just a bunch of IP and UserAgent blocking rules (which are more or less worthless and you should probably remove them) as well as a bunch of redirects which are all for public facing pages on your site anyway.

If you can point to a specific piece of info there that represents one of those three concerns, then we’ll remove that specific piece for you.

Basically, if you don’t want it to be public, then don’t post it in a public place. And especially don’t violate the policies of your own company.

Reply To: Password Protected Page not redirecting properly