Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: My wordpress doesn’t work

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by WordPress.org Forums », Mar 18, 2018.

1. WordPress.org Forums »

Reply To: My wordpress doesn’t work, by

Hi … I am not a WP expert, but I had this problem, and here is what I would do now.
    1. Use FTP software, and get in to your website folder (hosted by your hosting company), and — be careful not to delete anything — just copy all the files from the web host down to your hard drive.
    2. I will guess that the problem is — your WordPress updated to a newer version, but your PHP or SQL is not updated — so it makes this error.
    3. When I had this problem, I asked my web hosting company to update the Php to the latest version, and when they did this, the website fixed.
    4. However, it could be the opposite problem — the PHP was updated, but your older version of wordpress was not able to manage this new PHP version. In this case, the solution would be to ask your web hosting company to put the PHP version back to the older version. And then see if your website works.
    If a WordPress expert sees this problem, they will be able to give you more and better information.

Reply To: My wordpress doesn’t work