Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: My WordPress Blog has disappeared, and my username stolen

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by James Huff, Nov 1, 2017.

1. James Huff

Reply To: My WordPress Blog has disappeared, and my username stolen, by James Huff

I have to sign into my wordpress.org account every time I want to create a post on my blog

WordPress blogs are entirely self-contained, there is no connection between them and the WordPress.org site whatsoever.

How, then, does one explain the email with which I registered and created a username (and to where I’d receive emails from WordPress.org about updates) no longer being recognized by the site, telling me “ERROR: There is no user registered with that email address”?

Because you had never registered on the WordPress.org site before (at least with that email address).

And when I requested a new password link be sent to the email of the user affiliated with my username, none came (nope not to spam folders either)? After six tries?

Because the person who registered that username on the WordPress.org site is not you (or it was you with a different email address).

I don’t think that’s the issue…

It’s definitely the issue. “Error Establishing a Database Connection” means that WordPress cannot establish a connection with it’s database.

Reply To: My WordPress Blog has disappeared, and my username stolen