Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: My WordPress Blog has disappeared, and my username stolen

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by ryan3, Nov 1, 2017.

1. ryan3

Reply To: My WordPress Blog has disappeared, and my username stolen, by ryan3

Thank you, James.

I guess I’m now confused. I’m certain that I had to register my email address when I began an account, and I have to sign into my wordpress.org account every time I want to create a post on my blog, which then shows up on my website. I understand that the blog is only embedded. I am also certain that every user of a wordpress.org blog must register with a valid email address in order to create a username and utilize a blog.

How, then, does one explain the email with which I registered and created a username (and to where I’d receive emails from WordPress.org about updates) no longer being recognized by the site, telling me “ERROR: There is no user registered with that email address”? And when I requested a new password link be sent to the email of the user affiliated with my username, none came (nope not to spam folders either)? After six tries?

I will follow your advice about the hosting and see if that yields any results. Thanks for the lead on that. Really hoping it can be recovered.

Reply To: My WordPress Blog has disappeared, and my username stolen