Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Mobile Theme Only Works for Certain URL

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Xenos (xkon) Konstantinos, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Xenos (xkon) Konstantinos

Reply To: Mobile Theme Only Works for Certain URL, by Xenos (xkon) Konstantinos

Hello,

Let’s take a breath, step back and see where you are at the moment or what you have done exactly so we might give you a hand because I see forbidden access at the moment on your site.

That means that somebody either changed the file permissions or the .htaccess is not letting us view the files.

I have not yet understood if you actually ‘moved’ or wanted to ‘move’ your WordPress installation or just make a redirect from one URL to the other.

It’s a totally different topic with different solutions and problems to overcome :). So could you inform me of these:

1] The URL that your WordPress is installed ( or where it should be )
    2] The URL that you want to forward to your WordPress.
    3] If you want your ‘forwarded’ URL to be your main URL.
    4] If you don’t want the above and you actually want to MOVE WordPress into a new folder + URL.

It seems that instead of a proper domain alias and a 301 redirect your site was loading through an iframe if I understood correctly. This means that your WordPress was still on the ‘original filesystem’ and if you changed the WordPress urls without a correct alias / 301 redirect it would never work as it can’t read the URL correctly. If I’m making any sense… ( I know it’s somewhat confusing, but that’s what I understand from the comments above ^_^ ).

Reply To: Mobile Theme Only Works for Certain URL