Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Media files stored in wrong date

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Neil Sabol, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Neil Sabol

Reply To: Media files stored in wrong date, by Neil Sabol

Hello and I hope you are well (aside from this issue).

I have a few suggestions.

WordPress uses the server’s date/time to create and organize media. If that is incorrect, it could result in the behavior you are seeing.

To check that, try installing the “WP Server Date Time” plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-server-date-time/) and Activate it – that will show the server’s date/time (from WordPress’s point of view) in the top right corner of your Dashboard. The plugin is old but it worked for me in 4.8.3).

If the date and time are wrong (i.e. 2016/11), that could be the issue.

If the date and time are correct, there is another combination of settings that could direct all media to the same folder. If you have something like this in your wp-config.php (a custom upload directory):

define(‘UPLOADS’, ‘wp-content/2016/11’);

AND also have disabled “Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders” (in your Dashboard under Settings -> Media -> Uploading Files), that combination could cause all media to upload to a single directory, regardless of date.

Not sure if either of these are the issue, but wanted to throw them out there.

Hope it helps.

Thank you,
    -Neil

Reply To: Media files stored in wrong date