Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Media files stored in wrong date

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by fpmsummer, Mar 24, 2018.

1. fpmsummer

Reply To: Media files stored in wrong date, by fpmsummer

Hello,

I’ve been trying to figure out why after a recent WP update that images I upload to pages are being put in the upload date folder instead of the date the page was published. I thought it was strange that it only happened on pages, while posts were still putting images in the post date folder.

Then I found this: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10752 and wondered why in the world this would be a thing? If I upload new images to a page, I want all those images in the same folder as the publish date. Otherwise it’s impossible to find all the images… it makes no sense to have images for a single page be in 3-4-5 or more different folders, likely spread over multiple years.

Can anyone shed any light on why this was a thing that needed to be “fixed”? See reply #12 as perhaps being the reason why this change was implemented… I don’t see it as a solution, but rather as something that causes more problems for a larger segment of WP users & admins.

Reply To: Media files stored in wrong date