Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Image Alternate Text and Title Attribute Disappear

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by ConsiderThis1, Feb 20, 2018.

1. ConsiderThis1

Reply To: Image Alternate Text and Title Attribute Disappear, by ConsiderThis1

I found this which I think is helpful. I will, having read it, go back and take the Title Attribute out of all the places I filed it in, in scores of pages…

I had a sinking feeling about the title attribute for a while, but hadn’t seen anything definitive until I came across the aptly named “I thought title text improved accessibility. I was wrong.”:

So if you’ve been adding descriptive text into the title attribute, don’t. Blind users won’t hear it. It’s next to useless. This common misconception could lead to important information being completely inaccessible by the people who it’s intended for.

An article with even nittier-grittier details, “Using the HTML title attribute”, comes from the Paciello Group blog, an excellent source for web accessibility information.

The HTML title attribute is problematic. It is problematic because it is not well supported in some crucial respects, even though it has been with us for over 14 years. With the rise of touch screen interfaces, the usefulness of this attribute has decreased. The accessibility of the title attribute has fallen victim to a unfortunate combination of poor browser support, poor screen reader support and poor authoring practices.

Reply To: Image Alternate Text and Title Attribute Disappear