Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: I want to remove title rather hiding it

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by ephaemera, Mar 25, 2018.

1. ephaemera

Reply To: I want to remove title rather hiding it, by ephaemera

Hi rafiseo,

I didn’t see your request in the Colormag theme forum, so I’ll answer it here for you.

You’ll need to create a child theme, because solving this problem involves altering a template file that could be overwritten in the course of a theme update.

There are a couple of ways to approach this. The first way involves a child theme plugin and very little coding, and the second way involves creating a child theme from scratch. Either way, you’ll need some type of plain text editor.

If you go the child theme plugin route, you can try Child Theme Configurator by Lilaea Media. (If you use this and need more info, reply to my answer and I’ll walk you through it.) Basically, what you want to do is find your content-single.php file and remove your h1 entry-header from it, but I recommend that you comment it out on your template file rather than delete it entirely. See below:

<header class=”entry-header”>
    <!–
    <h1 class=”entry-title”>
    <?php the_title(); ?>
    </h1>
    –>
    </header>

You’ll still have the blog post title on your archive.php file, so when you look at a page of blog posts on your site, the titles will be visible, but when you go to an individual blog post, no title will be visible until you write one in the post itself.

If you’d prefer to build a child theme from scratch, take a look at the Codex here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Again, if you’re unfamiliar with how to do this, reply to my answer, and I’ll try to walk you through it or provide resources to help you out. I’m unaware of how much you know about this, and I don’t want to waste your time with unnecessary information.

LMK if this is helpful to you.

Reply To: I want to remove title rather hiding it