Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: I can’t get onto my webpage

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Kim White, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Kim White

Reply To: I can’t get onto my webpage, by Kim White

Hi Laura,
    “I’m very sorry to hear that you’re having trouble. I’ll do whatever I can to help.
    The forms are for help, so in the future, it would be much better to be more descriptive with your post name. Someone who might know more about the subject may respond.

Don’t worry. Your site is there, things just need to be connected correctly again.

Below are 2 options for you to get your control back:

At this point for some reason, your theme is giving you the error. The only way to get control of your site would be to now deactivate the theme for a bit. If you do this you should be able to get back in your site admin panel and turn on your plugins then try to activate your theme again.

You will need to use FTP or file manager to do this. Once you’re in your FTP you can easily disable any themes by simply changing the name. In order for you to disable any theme for your WordPress install, simply change the name of the file folder. Your themes can be found in this folder – wp-content/themes/montpellier. (ie, you should have a backup theme installed for it to default to). If all goes well you can now log in and get to your backend. Restart your plugins then turn the original theme back on.

Another option is: Do you have backups enabled on your site? This can be a plugin, your host, or a third-party service. If you do, you should look into restoring your site to how it was before you started changing things.

Please reply if you need more details on any of these options.

Reply To: I can’t get onto my webpage