Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Https Migration Help

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by George Appiah, Nov 28, 2017.

1. George Appiah

Reply To: Https Migration Help, by George Appiah

As your site works fine with HTTPS, there’s nothing to fix on the WordPress side and doing another migration is, frankly, pointless.

This bothers on SEO, and I don’t claim to be an SEO expert. So take what’s below for what it is: just my personal ramblings.

How are you tracking your visitors? Is it possible your analytics software is only tracking HTTP traffic, and not HTTPS?

Are you 301-redirecting all HTTP links to HTTPS? The SEO gurus claim Google sees the two differently, so if you switch from HTTP to HTTPS, you’ll have to do the 301-redirection so Google can pass over all the existing SEO juice.

Do you see any crawl errors in your Google search console (webmaster tools)? If you haven’t done so already, you’ll need to add the HTTPS version of your site to Webmaster Tools and make it the primary URL.

You might also want to ask in one of the popular SEO forums for advice.

UPDATE: I’ve read a whole lot of “I lost all my traffic after switching to HTTPS” posts, and, IF you’re doing all the right things and IF you don’t have any errors in your Google search console, just relax: traffic will pick up after a while.

Reply To: Https Migration Help