Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: HTTPS Issue with WordPress

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by kyjus25, Oct 10, 2017.

1. kyjus25

Reply To: HTTPS Issue with WordPress, by kyjus25

Personally I usually use https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-and-replace/, but you have to leave off the ending .com of your BASE_URL otherwise it will catch that you’re changing your root URL and ask that you first save it as an SQL dump. if you are strategic with your URL replacing it shouldn’t catch that you’re replacing your URL and let you save the changes directly to your database.

You ARE logged in, so that’s good. Try dumping in a clean WordPress into there and see if that helps. Perhaps there are just some file permissions causing a hickup in the PHP. You’ll want to take out your wp-content and wp-config.php and paste in a fresh WordPress. Then just paste in your wp-content and wp-config.php and it should take right off as if nothing happened. That’s basically all a typical WordPress update does.

If that doesn’t work, I would suggest trying a complete fresh install without your database or config file and migrate the files using a backup plugin instead. That way you can check that the admin panel DID work before the migrate takes place.

Does your domain (that the subdomain is connected to) also have WordPress installed that your wp-admin may be falling through to?

I would definitely say a clean fresh empty install of WordPress would definitely be the path to take from here. That way you can test the knowns. When your ready, export your backups from your dev site and import them into your empty WordPress.

Reply To: HTTPS Issue with WordPress