Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: how to develop wordpress theme without using plugins builder

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Marcus Kober, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Marcus Kober

Reply To: how to develop wordpress theme without using plugins builder, by Marcus Kober

Hi,

I’m using ACF Pro, because I need certain features from the pro version. I like both, Meta Box and ACF.

Meta Box comes without option page in backend, all meta fields can be registered via funcions.php. That’s nice because so it’s not visible in the backend which is great because of a minimalistic backend. But for me, the controls look not so nice as the controls in ACF do.

ACF is feature rich and comes with a backend tool for generating custom fields.

Because I like both plugins, I don’t want to recommend one, please see what fits your needs!

By the way, I don’t use any theme as basis for my themes. I’ve written a base theme by myself and use this as a basis for all our themes. So I too like to develop themes from scratch and it’s the best way to learn the whole thing…

Regards,
    Marcus

Reply To: how to develop wordpress theme without using plugins builder