Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: How to block “abuse” IP addresses from visiting my site?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by tkgnewseed, Nov 30, 2017.

1. tkgnewseed

Reply To: How to block “abuse” IP addresses from visiting my site?, by tkgnewseed

There are couple of plugins I use. IQ BLOCK Country and Wordfence. Using them together seems to eliminate unwanted traffic. I have done probably 40+ site setting these plugins up. One thing I like about IQ BLOCK Country is that if you are only looking for traffic from a specific country you can easily block all other countries listed within a .dat file that you have to download. In my case, I only want U.S. traffic thus I block all other countries. I saw about a 90% drop of unwanted traffic. It will also allow you to block specific IPs.

As for Wordfence, it does a who lot of good stuff but I will focus on the related issue. Wordfence can provide you a list of attempted logins via frontend and backend and you can receive emails of those attempts. You will also know what those IPs are thus you can block them quickly. There are others options within this plugin that can fine tune it more but detailing them here would be too much and too long for this post

When I use both of the plugins I found that I have to do very little in trying to deal with hacks or unwanted traffic.

If you need help installing and setting this help. Let me know.

Reply To: How to block “abuse” IP addresses from visiting my site?