Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: How to add a thumbnail to a shared link?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by George Appiah, Jan 27, 2018.

1. George Appiah

Reply To: How to add a thumbnail to a shared link?, by George Appiah

I am trying to find where can I locate my html structure so I can change it myself.

WordPress is a database-driven content management system (CMS). Each page lives in a table in the database. When a page is requested, WordPress retrieves the entire article and its associated metadata from the database, and uses your active theme to build the full HTML page on the fly. That’s why some people call CMS websites “dynamic” sites.

This is different from “static” websites where each page is a literal file on disk that you can edit the complete HTML structure from the opening <html> tag to the closing </html> tag.

In any case, I plugged your website into Facebook’s Open Graph debug tool, and your thumbnail images seem to work now. There was a previously cached version (from 20th Jan) which did not have the thumbnail, but the proper thumbnail image showed after I clicked the “Scrape Again” button to force Facebook to check the site again.

Please note that this is a page-by-page thing, and I only checked the homepage. So if other pages don’t show the thumbnail, use the tool to force Facebook to scrape the page again.

Reply To: How to add a thumbnail to a shared link?