Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: how do I re-enable a plugin if I can’t access the Web interface?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by bennetthaselton, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:05 AM.

1. bennetthaselton

Reply To: how do I re-enable a plugin if I can’t access the Web interface?, by bennetthaselton

Thanks James!

I will try that but I’m temporarily stuck on a different problem. GoDaddy got the WordPress site back up by renaming the plugins directory to plugins.bak, and then creating an empty directory called plugins. Now I can get into WordPress again but of course all our plugins are no longer installed.

So I thought I could do what you suggested by renaming the empty plugins folder to plugins.empty, and renaming plugins.bak back to plugins. I *thought* that would bring back the “Fatal error” message from bloyal.php, however I am still seeing the same state as when the empty plugins directory was created — WordPress is accessible but it says I have no plugins installed.

I assume after renaming plugins.bak back to plugins, I have to re…something…something, in order for WordPress to become aware again of the plugins directory. What do I do though? I am on shared hosting with GoDaddy, using cPanel; I don’t see an option to restart the web server.

Reply To: how do I re-enable a plugin if I can’t access the Web interface?