Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Home page always redirects to subfolder

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by dave517, Feb 26, 2018.

1. dave517

Reply To: Home page always redirects to subfolder, by dave517

Thanks for your replies.

So first I installed my WP in the root directory, but then I wanted to move it to root/test, because I wanted people who access the site example.com to be redirected to a FB page. And I wanted to able to keep developing the site on the address example.com/test.

So I copied everything from root to the subfolder, with changing information in WP settings and also htaccess. But I found out, that it’s not really possible to redirect people from example.com to FB page and have a functioning site on example.com/test (or at least I wasn’t able to do it). So I wanted to reverse everything.

I copied the content from the subfolder to the root, tried to set back everything (WP settings, htaccess) and I also added a rule to htaccess which redirects all the IPs to the FB page, except mine. But still after that, the homepage wasn’t really showing.

Then I tried it on my different notebook. Lo and behold, it was working there. Thanks to that I figured out, that probably I needed to clear my cache. After doing that it is now working just fine.

After all it seems like I did everything right regarding the migration of the site (thanks Google!), but clearing the cache on my notebook was the culprit.

Anyway, thanks for your help, guys!

Have a nice day!

Reply To: Home page always redirects to subfolder