Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Hamburger menu not working on sub menu pages

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by bcworkz, Nov 14, 2017.

1. bcworkz

Reply To: Hamburger menu not working on sub menu pages, by bcworkz

I can check, but I’m afraid it’s going to be beyond my skills to track down the problem. Short variable names like h[0] indicate minified code. Great for faster page loads, but it is extremely difficult for mere humans to make sense of it. In fact, I did check rather quickly before recommending that you go to the original developer. What I saw told me it would be unlikely for me to be able to decipher it. It can be much easier for the original coder to know what’s going on than someone completely uninvolved to grasp what’s happening upon a cold read.

Maybe we can take another tack. Was the mobile menu working correctly earlier, or has it always been an issue? If it was working, what change occurred to cause it to fail? I realize it can be hard to say. We don’t always check the mobile view every time some change is made. I’m looking for changes mainly like added or updated plugins. Making new posts or other changes to normal site content wouldn’t matter.

Another thing you can try is disabling all plugins. See if that solves the problem with the mobile view. Plugin conflicts can cause errors in unrelated code. If that fixes the problem, re-activate your plugins one at a time, checking after each activation. When the problem recurs, the last activated plugin is causing a conflict. Maybe you can find an alternate plugin or maybe the plugin’s author can help isolate the conflict and resolve the issue.

Reply To: Hamburger menu not working on sub menu pages