Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Google Page Speed issue after removing header banner image of...

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by bcworkz, Apr 3, 2018.

1. bcworkz

Reply To: Google Page Speed issue after removing header banner image of Twenty Seventeen, by bcworkz

The version that scores well was likely served from a page cache. It’s rare for WP pages to score that well without caching of some sort. Even if you don’t have caching enabled, your host could be doing so downstream. Once your page gets cached, it should perform well again. I’ve no idea what it would take for it to become cached again. Perhaps some number of requests without the original page being changed.

If your page is not being cached, all I can suggest is addressing what ever Page Speed suggests for improvement.

It seems to me that the Page Speed score isn’t so much based on raw page performance as things within the page it thinks can be improved. This explains how removing something decreases its performance score. The page may be fewer bytes and loads faster, but Page Speed sees room for improvement, so it scores poorly.

Reply To: Google Page Speed issue after removing header banner image of Twenty Seventeen