Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Error After 4.9 – Unable to Edit the Theme & Backup Plugin Stop Working

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by wordpress4point9sucks, Dec 5, 2017 at 8:14 PM.

1. wordpress4point9sucks

Reply To: Error After 4.9 – Unable to Edit the Theme & Backup Plugin Stop Working, by wordpress4point9sucks

Are you still having this issue, @anggora ???

I’m getting the same issue. After the 4.9.1 update on November 29, my Theme Editor worked just fine. Then, suddenly today it stops working. I’m baffled that the WordPress developers didn’t see this bug before the 4.9 update. It’s truly pitiful. Not being able to edit files in the Theme Editor kinda defeats the purpose of a CMS. Also, what pisses me off is that I’m reading several other threads with people having the same issue, but the moderators will state that their concern is not relevant to the thread the concern is being addressed in, or I see a lot of claims that this bug has been fixed. Supposedly, files can now be edited in the Theme Editor after the 4.9.1 update on November 29, but I’m calling BS.

I don’t want another plugin but I still tried WP Editor, but it’s got bugs. It states I was editing “page.php”, but I was really editing my “home.php” file. This whole experience since the 4.9 update has been astoundingly annoying.

Reply To: Error After 4.9 – Unable to Edit the Theme & Backup Plugin Stop Working