Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: ERROR 502 – BAD GATEWAY

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by chloe1733, Feb 3, 2018.

1. chloe1733

Reply To: ERROR 502 – BAD GATEWAY, by chloe1733

Updating in case others run into this issue. This took far too many hours of customer support with three different entities to finally figure it out.

Apparently, Cloudflare only really works with static IP servers. WordPress domains (which mine was) do not have static IP addresses, which makes pointing Cloudflare to your blog (via an A record to an IP address) problematic.

Though my blog had been using Cloudflare successfully for months, at some point, my IP address changed, likely because my site got bumped over to a new server by WordPress. This is what started throwing the error.

The easiest solution ended up being transferring my domain OFF of WordPress and over to Bluehost. Once I did that, I was able to re-direct my name servers over to Cloudflare, and all works fine again.

The SSL error, which was provided to me free by Bluehost, was caused by the same IP change issue, apparently. I’ve re-deployed a new SSL and the site is working again.

Just a long, frustrating headache. But hopefully it helps someone else down the road…moral of the story is you can’t use Cloudflare on a WordPress domain…at least, not for very long.

Reply To: ERROR 502 – BAD GATEWAY