Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Edit Media / Edit Images doesn’t work.

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by dirkmittler, Jan 14, 2018.

1. dirkmittler

Reply To: Edit Media / Edit Images doesn’t work., by dirkmittler

I was the person who started this posting.

I have a vague suspicion that this issue is due, to how the Debain package-manager-installed version of WordPress, may be coded differently from the public PHP-Files we could just upload to a server.

More specifically it would have to do with the fact that Debian Package Maintainers will either include a core functionality, and then make whichever libraries it depends on a necessary dependency, for installing the main package – i.e.,

Or, how they would otherwise just not put code into the core application, that tries to connect with such a library.

I’ve read in several places that what we need, to get this crop-preview to show properly, is actually

And, because that’s not an explicit dependency, the core application will omit any codes that would try to use it. But that’s just my guess.

What I have found, is that there’s another way to edit images within WordPress, and that is, to click on the image in our visual editing panel, where we have inserted the image into our posting. When we do that, some buttons appear, including an Edit button – stylized as a pencil. And everything that gets accessed via that editing button – works! This includes, to choose one of the image-sizes, that php5-gd automatically created for us, as well as how to justify the image and several other options. It still does not include a crop feature.

And so, I cannot believe there is anything seriously wrong with my WordPress installation. I just can’t crop.

Reply To: Edit Media / Edit Images doesn’t work.