Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: developer left with login credentials

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by jedco6120, Mar 14, 2018.

1. jedco6120

Reply To: developer left with login credentials, by jedco6120

When I log into my website’s wp-admin – my access does not allow me to see any admin functions such as “users”. It simply lists the different categories of pages on the site and allows me to post items to those pages. Clearly, the developers meant to give us, their customer, just enough leeway in the back end to keep the site fresh and updated from a content standpoint. There is absolutely no admin functions to the site itself. I get it – they did not want novices to break the look and feel of the website.
    But the developers are long gone now and we are discovering problems with the functionality of the site that cannot be fixed without deeper access than what we have. An example of this is our “home” button on the menu takes is linked to a domain that we once used but no longer even own. It sends people to that url and it is not our site but a French retail site. I need to change that link and point it to the url for our actual site. I’m sure there are other things that need to be done but that is the problem that started this whole quest in the first place.

Reply To: developer left with login credentials