Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Customizer not working, can’t edit site…

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Jackie McBride, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Jackie McBride

Reply To: Customizer not working, can’t edit site…, by Jackie McBride

Yeah, clearly something is amiss. Sorry for stating the incredibly obvious. W/o error messages to provide guidance, it’s hard to know precisely what that is. It can be anything from a plugin/theme conflict to a hosting issue or a combination thereof.

After looking at this thread from the top, it appears this may have occurred following an update? If so, then 1 thing we might try is to reinstall WordPress. I usually do this using an FTP client like FileZilla, because trying to do it w/the hosting provider’s file manager can be pretty challenging.

I instructed you in a previous post how to possibly obtain some error messages. Please consider following those to see if additional information can be provided & post anything you get to your next reply.

You may also be reaching a point now where the technical help you require is beyond these forums ability to provide, ie, it necessitates someone logging into your site &/or control panel to figure out what might be occurring. You may wish to post a job to http://jobs.wordpress.net under either the ‘General’ or ‘Performance’ categories if that is the case.

But let’s try reinstalling WordPress from scratch & also geting some error messages that may inform our next steps prior to taking that last action.

I’m really sorry this is happening to you. To rule out a possible hosting issue, I would also be happy to provide a staging area on my server where we can test the site’s functionality. Clearly if it works there & not on yours, then you’re dealing w/a hosting issue. I’ve offered this to folks before, &, indeed, sometimes it has in fact been a problem w/the hosting.

As I think you’re beginning to see, there’s a lot of parts that all need to function together to make a WordPress site work. When they do–& that is more often the case than not–they do so very well. When things break, trying to find out why can be a real challenge.

I will be celebrating Easter w/my family later today, but I’ll respond as connectedness permits.

Reply To: Customizer not working, can’t edit site…