Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Customizer not working, can’t edit site…

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Jackie McBride, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Jackie McBride

Reply To: Customizer not working, can’t edit site…, by Jackie McBride

Hi, penster4. Wel, I rather suspect that the best thing you could do is to pay for an upgrade. It could be that the theme is no longer in date, which, if I had to bet, is likely the cause of the difficulty you’re experiencing. Of course, if you paid for that & it wasn’t, you’d likely be pretty upset, & I guess I couldn’t blame you.

On these forums, we can really only support the core themes, as it’s likely we don’t have access to themes others are using.

Here are a few things that might guide your efforts, though.
    * Open your wp-config.php file & change wp_debug to ‘true’, log into your site, & see if any errors are displayed. This is a security risk, however, so please, for goodness sake, change it back when you’re finished! I can’t emphasize that enough.
    * Check your web folder & subfolders for files called err.log or error_log. If there are recent entries there, this may inform us as to where the problem lies.
    * Check to see if your hosting provider’s control panel has an aplet called ‘errors’. If so, & if there are recent entries, feel free to post them to your next reply. They may prove helpful.

Hopefully something here will assist you in resolving this.

Reply To: Customizer not working, can’t edit site…