Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Creating Tutor website

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by George Appiah, Oct 26, 2017.

1. George Appiah

Reply To: Creating Tutor website, by George Appiah

Hi @harveyando,

I don’t have a solution for you… but I thought I should clarify that what @themesgrove suggested will help you build an online school, where multiple instructors can create online courses and the instructions actually happen on your website. A good example of this is Udemy.com.

But the two examples you gave are both just places for learners to find tutors and pay for private, one-on-one, customized lessons… with no individual or group teaching actually happening on the site itself.

From Tutora

You select when and where you learn. Lessons can take place in your own home, the tutor’s or a nearby cafe or library – it’s up to you!

TutorHunt has an “online” tuition option, but again, this is one-on-one, live, private tuition via webcam, and no course content is published on the website itself.

I thought I should make the distinction clear to you, so you can be sure what you’re opting for: do you want to host the courses like in a school (Udemy.com is a good example), or do you just want list tutors who the students directly?

Reply To: Creating Tutor website