Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Copy/paste Excel data to a page and retain formatting

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by BillHam, Oct 30, 2017.

1. BillHam

Reply To: Copy/paste Excel data to a page and retain formatting, by BillHam

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate them and understand the implications.

In my working career I wasn’t restricted to VBA. I worked with mainframes for a large insurance company. I started with the low-level language PLAN (never heard of it eh? Not surprised). I moved on to COBOL when we converted from ICL machines to IBM ones, and then as a systems programmer used SAS extensively for capacity management and computer performance reporting and the like. Oh, yes, there was a fair bit of BASIC programming on my BBC computer at home too. Only in the three years or so before I was invited to take early retirement in 2002 was I significantly exposed to PCs and got sucked into MS Office and Dreamweaver and went on a VBA course. I’ve used that latter expertise ever since to help organise and run competitions for the various target shooting organisations I’m associated with. I’m too old a dog to learn new languages properly now although I did poke about with PHP a few years ago so have an idea of what it’s about but as I said, my HTML knowledge is pretty sketchy and frequently involves looking up ‘how to’ sites.

Sorry, you didn’t want to know any of that.

I’m sure I’ll find a reasonably usable solution to the issues I’m facing.

Closing this off now.

Reply To: Copy/paste Excel data to a page and retain formatting