Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Chrome Gray Screen/Freezing for Few Secs After Update Post

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by chris3dmaniac, Feb 26, 2018.

1. chris3dmaniac

Reply To: Chrome Gray Screen/Freezing for Few Secs After Update Post, by chris3dmaniac

Hello Kevin,

By the sound of what you are explaining more seems like a specific issue with chrome versus a specific issue with WordPress itself, more just an opinion from developing using multiple browsers.

Can always try some simple fixes for chrome to see if that solves the issue for you. Sometimes based on my experience certain browser plugins or settings sometimes bog down the browser which in turn functions abnormally. I have pasted some steps below from google on steps to try to speed up/make chrome performance better.

This is from a google chrome support forum:

– Does this issue occur in Incognito Mode? To turn in on, press Ctrl+Shift+N and see if you get this issue.

– If you don’t have this issue even when using Incognito Mode, it mostly is caused by one of your extensions. To disable an extension, go to chrome://extensions and disable them to see if it solves your issue.

– Try removing unwanted/suspicious programs from your computer and run a malware scan using Malwarebytes to see if anything comes up.

– Try resetting your browser settings to see if it helps. To do so, check here – Reset Browser Settings.

– If that too doesn’t work, try creating a new browser profile as given here – Create a new browser profile.

– Try disabling Hardware Acceleration by going to chrome://settings > Show Advanced Settings and uncheck Use Hardware Acceleration when available to see if it helps.

– Try disabling Network Predictions by going to chrome://settings > Show Advanced Settings and uncheck Predict network actions to improve page load performance to see if it helps.

I hope this info helps you with you issue. Feel free to respond back if you are in need of more help.

Thanks,
    Chris

Reply To: Chrome Gray Screen/Freezing for Few Secs After Update Post