Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Changing themes

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by George Appiah, Dec 3, 2017.

1. George Appiah

Reply To: Changing themes, by George Appiah

I first tried onetone theme…..wouldn’t work right so deleted it
    I then downloaded avada…..wouldn’t work right so deleted it.

What do you mean by “wouldn’t work right”?

Most themes have a “demo” site for you you to see how it will look like, and you should be able to reproduce what you see in the demo on your own site.

So your first step should be to check the theme’s demo to be sure you’ll like the end result. Then check if the theme has a demo content that you can import to create an exact replica of the demo. This is like learning to ride a bicycle with the training wheels on: experienced riders wouldn’t do this, but it’s a great aid for kids and newbies.

And if you’re still unable to reproduce something you see in the demo, or something else is not working, contact the theme’s vendor for assistance.

I’m NOW told changing themes affects my layout…..

The theme IS the layout, and eye-candy, and everything to do with how your content is presented publicly to people.

how do I know if my layout is now messed up needing to be as was when first started??

Only you can know I mean no one here knows what your site looked like before you started testing new themes, and you didn’t even share you link for us to see how it looks like now. Only you know the BEFORE and AFTER, so only you can tell if there’s a difference.

I’m afraid now I messed it all up and have no idea…..just lost!!!!!

I don’t know what’s wrong with your site now… but I’ll guess you started playing with new themes because… either something was broken with your site or you wanted something new (new features or new look).

So, take a step back, take a deep sigh, grab your favorite bottle (if that helps), and let’s leave out the hyperbole and, instead, concentrate on the exact problem you’re trying to solve.

Is there a particular problem with your site you’re trying to solve? If so clearly describe the specific individual problem or problems, include a live ink to your site (or a screenshot) if possible, and we’ll do all we can to help you.

Or, do you want to concentrate on switching to a new theme? First pick a theme, test out the demo thoroughly to be sure you’ll like the end result. Then try to install and activate the new theme again, and this time, take your time to clearly articulate what problem, if any, you encounter. Be sure to include any error messages you see on your screen. Once again, we’ll do our very best to assist you, or direct you to the theme vendor’s support channels if we’re unable to help.

I know this is a lengthy response… but that’s because I it’s 5:30AM here, I just finished a 2-hour online training session, and I still have my teacher’s hat on

Reply To: Changing themes