Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Changing Subdirectory – Maintain Links

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by thehammer610, Jan 2, 2018.

1. thehammer610

Reply To: Changing Subdirectory – Maintain Links, by thehammer610

In reading through it, it says:

‘Existing image/media links uploaded media will refer to the old folder and must be updated with the new location. You can do this with the Velvet Blues Update URLs or Better Search Replace plugins, WP-CLI’s search-replace if your hosting provider (or you) have installed WP-CLI, manually in your SQL database, or by using the 3rd party database updating tool Search and Replace Databases Script * Note: this script is best used by experienced developers.’

This means every photo in each page will be messed up. This is exactly what I would like to avoid. The ‘fix’ described is beyond my capabilities, I think.

What I am doing is converting an existing HTML website to WordPress. In order to keep the current website up while I am doing this, I need to have WordPress in a separate subdirectory (I think). It looks like I will mess up a lot of my work when I transfer and go live.

So before I spend more hours and hours converting from HTML to WordPress, then have to fix my photos on every page,

is there some other way I should be doing this?

Reply To: Changing Subdirectory – Maintain Links