Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Captions problem in 4.9.2 still not fixed.

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by George Appiah, Jan 18, 2018.

1. George Appiah

Reply To: Captions problem in 4.9.2 still not fixed., by George Appiah

I do not have a trac ticket, where can I obtain one?

Trac is for reporting bugs in WordPress itself and any bundled themes and plugins. This is not for personal support, and the trac ticket is not a personal ticket number.

I followed your previous forum post with Andrew. In that thread, you said this is “exactly” the same issue in this trac ticket: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42604

And if you followed that ticket, you’ll find:

1. The problem was about alignment of caption, not the width of the caption container that you’re now talking about (though they may be related)
    2. It was deemed to be a problem with the bundled “Twenty Ten” theme, not a bug in WordPress itself
    3. The fix was… “Bumping to 4.9.3 due to 4.9.2s release”

So if indeed it’s the “exactly” your problem as you said in that thread, you can wait until 4.9.3 is released.

In any case, presentation issues are easily solved with CSS. In fact, the solution that Andrew suggested in that post actually works — I tried it. You said you’d give it to your “web guy” but apparently you didn’t.

So if this is a huge issue for you, remove those two lines that Andrew suggested from your active theme’s stylesheet… or wait until 4.9.3

Reply To: Captions problem in 4.9.2 still not fixed.