Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Marius L. J., Nov 18, 2017.

1. Marius L. J.

Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9, by Marius L. J.

OK, this is getting a bit out of hand here.

If you intend to post a reply here, please do not post “me too”, instead I want the following information:

– What webhost are you using
    – Which hosting package with that host are you using (they usually have many options)
    – The exact error you are seeing
    – Deactivate ALL plugins (alternatively leave the Health Check plugin enabled to copy debug data for us) and use a default theme (such as Twenty Seventeen)

And please do not modify WordPress core files, with the exception of steps asked to perform troubleshooting steps outlined, and in such cases please undo the modifications right away after.

The steps above are so that it’s actually possible to keep track of the topic at hand, or else it’ll just end up being spammed down and that’s when volunteers stop caring

Moving on!
    A few of you have said what hosts you are using, but could you elaborate on what package you use with them (as noted above in my requests for what should be posted)?

Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9