Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Marius L. J., Nov 16, 2017.

1. Marius L. J.

Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9, by Marius L. J.

@gopros I’ve archived your post, it serves no purpose, please calm down

Now, the reason I’m walking you through possible causes for this is that I’ve used the editor my self, and did not have any problems, so we are trying to identify why some of you are having issues. This can be a bothersome and tedious process, we understand that, but it needs to be done to rule out various scenarios so please bare with us as we go through the motions.

As to why you can edit your non-active themes, this is because we don’t have a way to verify that those edits don’t break anything, so we don’t perform a check on them.

Back to the question at hand, how to sort out edits on the active themes!
    How long does it take to perform the save, from you hit the save button to the point where you receive the error?

Alternatively, if you are comfortable making a direct file edit so we can get some proper data on what is going on, please go into wp-admin/includes/file.php, on line 539 (this should be a blank line right before $loopback_request_failure = [...] add the following:

error_log( 'Starting edit check' );
    error_log( 'Body:' );
    error_log( $body );

This should write the response to your error log (you may need to enable debugging for the logging to happen), that we would love it you’d share here so we can see what is going on (

Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9