Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by crzyhrse, Nov 23, 2017.

1. crzyhrse

Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9, by crzyhrse

It took awhile to get here, I am using 152 plugins across a bunch of sites, well over a hundred from the WP depository, managed through ManageWP… I wanted to be definitive for myself on this, so installed all of them on one dev site…

And I have cleared all of them from this issue, except one…

When I deactivate WP-SpamShield the issue goes away immediately and completely… YAY, this issue is no more on any of my sites…

ShortPixel was the other plugin that was causing the issue for me, and so grateful that they got on it and fixed it right away, once I let them know (see earlier in this thread)…

So at least from this perspective it does not seem to be a WP core issue, like I once was believing…

No knowing what is going to happen with WP-SpamShield, considering all the controversy that is currently and in recent weeks going on around it… So far in my exploring none even remotely better at what it does… And, so apropos, within minutes of deactivating WP-SpamShield on one site a bogus registration came in, and then before I got back to reactivating it, still testing, another…

Need to look elsewhere I guess, maybe something has evolved in the meantime… Such a shame, it is such a great plugin… From this perspective there seems to be way to much ego involvement in the past, not enough coming to the present and realizing we are truly all of us in this world together, a world-wide community, and how incredibly, beautifully much WordPress is contributing to the furthering of that awareness…

Will keep WP-SpamShield activated on a couple sites in the meantime, now I know I can just deactivate it if I need to mess with php files…

I will get a message to WP-Spamshield’s author…

Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9