Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by crzyhrse, Nov 22, 2017.

1. crzyhrse

Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9, by crzyhrse

One of the early questions I didn’t answer is how much time between clicking update and when the error being reported here is returned…? In all cases a good 2 or 3 minutes, which adds considerably to the pain of testing this, re plugins etc…

I also set debug to true and added the code you gave early on in the appropriate place in file.php, but nothing came of it other than one deprecated usage in the theme, seemingly unrelated…

I am also finding the issue in more circumstances, sort of in alignment with all the varied circumstances being reported here…

Is there correlation between the health check plugin taking a good 2 or 3 minutes to run its course, and this issue…?

It seems that this issue is being reported in a lot of other support topics besides this one…

@clorith, and/or others…

May I please ask, no disrespect intended regarding all the wonderful hard work and time of volunteers and folks who make WordPress all that it is… But for those of us not so familiar with or able to understand how all this works…?

With all these soooo many different varying circumstances, with varied plugins and child themes and primary themes and no plugins and active and not active and etc etc…

Why is it still seemingly in question that it is an issue with 4.9 and the way that the new editor features are being implemented…? Those changes are the one common factor in all of this, or so it seems…? So many varied and different things working before the update now seeming to be implicated, all apparently engaging with that one major change…?

Could some up-to-date overview be given for what the current WP thinking is on this, or what is being explored…?

Reply To: Can’t edit main theme php files after upgrading to 4.9