Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Best way to back-up *BASIC* WP site?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by etcbbu, Oct 26, 2017.

1. etcbbu

Reply To: Best way to back-up *BASIC* WP site?, by etcbbu

I’m very interested in running the “Extended Protection” option of this “WordFence” security plugin. But I am a little scared of allowing it to manipulate my .htaccess file of my entire web-space. I know that it says it forces you to download your web-space’s current .htaccess file before it lets you enable its “Extended Protection” mode which then updates the .htaccess file, but I am not confident that I would know the exact spot on my web-space to put up the previously-version, before-WordFence-manipulated .htaccess file, in case this plugin just completely wreaked havoc on our web-space and something crashed after it manipulated the .htaccesss file.

Would I just use an FTP client to put the previously-version, before-WordFence-manipulated .htaccess file on the public root top-level directory, if something did go awry after letting WordFence manipulate my .htaccess file to enable its “Extended Protection” mode?

Reply To: Best way to back-up *BASIC* WP site?