Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Background customization options missing

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by cyberpunkrocker, Nov 17, 2017.

1. cyberpunkrocker

Reply To: Background customization options missing, by cyberpunkrocker

No, I don’t believe this is a theme issue. The theme I’m using is a modified version of Yoko (https://www.elmastudio.de/en/themes/yoko/), To check whether the changes I’ve made were the issue, I switched to the original, unmodified Yoko theme; no, still no Tiles. I checked another WP-4.8.3 site I’m administering, with totally different theme; no Tiles option there, either…

I emphasize that there WERE the “Tile…”-options on earlier versions ow WordPress WITH THE SAME, SINCE UNMODIFIED THEMES! (like on this tutorial screenshot here )

Here’s a screenshot of the background settings screen I’m getting now:

No “Tile horizontally” or “Tile vertically” there, only the lonely “Repeat”

I found the place where the data from the settings within the MySQL database were stored. I know what I should change: ‘background-repeat’ css property should be changed from ‘repeat’ to ‘repeat-x’… but I’m not sure whether I’m confident enough to start mucking directly with the MySQL database via a Linux command line… and it pisses me off that I even have a need to do so in this situation…

Reply To: Background customization options missing