Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Any References for Getting A Featured Image on a Page to Fit Properly?

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Susan Walker, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Susan Walker

Reply To: Any References for Getting A Featured Image on a Page to Fit Properly?, by Susan Walker

Hi there,

The featured image size varies from one theme to another — and may be coded differently for each theme — so you basically have to poke around in the code to see the developer’s intent.

I dug into the code for this theme, and the developer is attempting to load a 600×600 pixel featured image. From what I can tell, the background-size is set to cover, which means it’s going to change depending on the browser size. The area of the image you can view starts at 195 pixels high on a desktop browser, but it shrinks as the browser becomes narrower.

Because the dimensions change at different browser widths and heights, there is no single image size that’s going to work in every situation. I’d recommend that you start with a 600×600 image and figure out which areas of it will actually show up.

Reply To: Any References for Getting A Featured Image on a Page to Fit Properly?