Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: All site disappeared on-line and Blank Pages on WordPress Editor...

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by awdtuts, Oct 23, 2017.

1. awdtuts

Reply To: All site disappeared on-line and Blank Pages on WordPress Editor after login, by awdtuts

Update on above post:

Site was the same this morning totally dead and links unavailable. I ended up getting in touch with my host (123.reg) who said there was a compatibility problem with 2 of my plugins. My site has always been good until I updated plugins and WordPress a few days ago. They disabled the Plugins but they are needed for my contact forms to work.

I’ve now paid 123.Reg £40 to return the site to how it was on Friday the 13th Oct .
    Didn’t want to do this but seemed the easier option and have the site up and running again, as was, within 24hours.

Trouble is from now on when updating WordPress and or current plugins how do I know this is not going to happen again?

I think I will stop WordPress automatic updates but this is a problem in itself which could cause compatibility issues further on. It works in exactly the same way in updating plugins and their compatibility with the current version of WordPress.

I don’t know what is the best option – update or don’t update when newer versions are ready for either WordPress or any Plugin that I require?

Reply To: All site disappeared on-line and Blank Pages on WordPress Editor after login