Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: After modifying wp-config, easy install won’t continue, returning...

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by jeffreymcmahan, Oct 11, 2017.

1. jeffreymcmahan

Reply To: After modifying wp-config, easy install won’t continue, returning blank page, by jeffreymcmahan

TY Steve;
    I renamed wp-congig.php in the root directory for the blog. I also uploaded wp-config-sample.php from the wordpress package. So running install.php from wp-admin.php, returned the same, a blank page, no error code. On a whim I tried opening index.php nothing, just blank page.

The db is offered by host, so they maintain it. It appears to be online. I can sign into phpmyadmin, no error messages. I have an option to repair db, I did that before working with this worppress dl install.

I have an empty db in my sql. I’ll recheck privileges.

When working the edit of the wp-config.php file, I was following:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php

once again ty

edit

DB is active, wp-database has all privileges. after a few trails (changing values in config file) I did get to a WP error page. Unable to access DB; specified check value of; user, and pswrd, second attempt said to check if value of Server Host was correct. All values were set correctly. I am admin of TLD,, and myspl db.

cheers

Reply To: After modifying wp-config, easy install won’t continue, returning blank page