Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: Account hacked; changed username

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by jeffsilang89, Mar 23, 2018.

1. jeffsilang89

Reply To: Account hacked; changed username, by jeffsilang89

Hi Sarah, I suggest you change the username of the hacker right away as they again got access to my account and I had to reset the password via cPanel.

I just changed the username via the PhpMyAdmin, you can find the steps here for host gator – http://support.hostgator.com/articl...s/how-to-change-your-wordpress-login-username

The steps are pretty simple and should be similar for other hosting companies.

Now my problem is that the hack created a lot of fake URL’s and if I do a site search in google by typing “site:www.mydomain.com” I see a lot of gibberish Japanese text. It shows that there are 200,000 results when I only have 600 actual posts in my website =/

I installed wordfence and cleaned up my sitemaps the first time I got hacked since I noticed these were not proper but these Japanese texts still show up when I do the google search. Anyone here know how to fix this?

Reply To: Account hacked; changed username