Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: 404 when editing a post with hyperlink

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Jackie McBride, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Jackie McBride

Reply To: 404 when editing a post with hyperlink, by Jackie McBride

Actually, I think I was doing pretty well figuring it all out. I just didn’t want to miss something if I could help it, Michael.

I figured the stray quote was likely a pasting error, but you know what you do when you assume. So I thought I’d point it out just in case it was relevant.

I think the forbidden error is pretty telling, & I suspect perhaps some changes made to your hosting provider’s mod_security rules may be the culprit. Again, I’ll ask if WordPress is set to close tags automatically, because if so, then closing them manually may (or may not) create problems. But I think your next call is to the hosting provider, asking them to check on whether mod_security is firing on some rules.

If the hosting provider doesn’t/can’t help, I’ll be glad to offer you a staging area on my server in order to clone the site & see if you’re receiving similar results, if that’s of interest. If no problems occur, then we pretty much know it’s a hosting issue. You’ve actually kind of done that already on your local box, but it might be something to consider nonetheless.

You’ve done a really great job troubleshooting this, Sir, & I do hope that once this is all said & done, you’ll think about joining the volunteers here to lend a hand to those who need it. We could always use more help. & you’ve already got a friend on here so it’s not like you won’t know anyone, which can always be a bit intimidating :).

Reply To: 404 when editing a post with hyperlink