Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: 404 when editing a post with hyperlink

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Michael Nelson, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Michael Nelson

Reply To: 404 when editing a post with hyperlink, by Michael Nelson

as in your previous post, because there’s an extra quote mark that doesn’t belong there.

Oh that extra quote was just a mistake pasting into here- no the original hyperlink in the post does not contain that extra quote mark.

> Also, you said this started occurring about a week ago. Can you think of anything that may have occurred at that time, ie, plugin installation/deletion, update, etc, that could’ve coincided w/this?

I asked the site owner and they said no.

> Have you checked w/Uniserver to see if they’re receiving any mod_security rules that are firing on your server?

I’m trying to get in touch with them, but as usual they’ve previously been pretty deflective. Also, I wasn’t aware of mod_security, but that sounds like a very likely culprit. I’ll follow up with them.

> if you might be so kind in future to give me a bit of description of the visuals

Oh sorry, sure. So far I’ve mostly been describing what I’m seeing, and then provided a supplemental visual.

I think the 403 error I’m getting when saving the post with permalinks turned off is a big clue. Ie, the error said “Forbidden. You don’t have permission to access /wp-admin/post.php on this server. Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. That means something is preventing the file wp-admin/post.php from being read (but only on a POST request with a hyperlink in the text; otherwise I can request that file just fine), and there’s also an error while recording the error, so there’s no trace of the error in logs etc.

Reply To: 404 when editing a post with hyperlink