Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Reply To: 4.91 The loopback request to your site failed

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Pirco the One and Only, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Pirco the One and Only

Reply To: 4.91 The loopback request to your site failed, by Pirco the One and Only

I appreciate the thought behind this and it has certianly happened to me plenty of times (break the theme so even the editor wouldn’t load). but THAT’S when I go in via FTP to revert or make necessary fixes.

meanwhile, it would be most convenient if I could use the WP editor “at my own risk”.

also, many of my sites are sometimes managed by multiple “developers” (in fact, clients who are just brave enough to fiddle with template code in the WP editor) but don’t know about version control or external editors. they simply rely on that WP editor to be able to make changes.

I understand that one option is to simply do away with the editor. perhaps that wouldn’t be so painful if it was never there in the first place. but perhaps WP wouldn’t be where it is now!

perhaps one possible solution would be to make that ‘loopback’ an option rather a requirement. along with a warning (ex: “if you disable this feature you’ll need FTP access to fix any issues that might break the editor”).

Reply To: 4.91 The loopback request to your site failed