Divi WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Remove Required Comment Textarea (Repost)

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by WPAddiction, Jan 19, 2018.

1. WPAddiction

Remove Required Comment Textarea (Repost), by WPAddiction

Is there a way to make the comment textarea not required or remove it all together for a specific post type (moves)? I’ve done a bunch of digging, but I haven’t found anything that isn’t super hacky. It seems like there should be a function or something to change this. I know there are plenty of options to change the name and email fields, but I haven’t found anything to change the required comment field.

The only required field I want for comments is a video URL from YouTube or Vimeo because the plan is to make a public video contest where users will need to be logged in to post a video or vote on their favorite videos. I would imagine that other people have done similar things with videos and photos. (I’m looking at using the WordPress Comments Fields and the Comment Popularity plugins for some of those features.)

If there isn’t a good way to remove the comment textarea, I would at least like to be able to change the input type to a URL or another creative idea if anyone has one. Thank you in advance for any help.

Remove Required Comment Textarea (Repost)