Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Regular 503 error every 5 minutes for logged in users

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by samwickins32, Oct 29, 2017.

1. samwickins32

Regular 503 error every 5 minutes for logged in users, by samwickins32

I am getting regular 503 errors (every 5 minutes) on my wordpress site for all logged in users including myself as the administrator, which has been happening over the last few weeks. I have had many hours on the phone across different days with GoDaddy who have had their backend team run numerous tests and tried to diagnose the issue. They believe that the server is running fine (my other site is on the same server and experiencing no issues). They believe it to be a theme or plugin issue but having deactivated all plugins and changed themes, the issue persists.

Again this issue is only experienced by logged in users, 5 minutes after logging in. Waiting a few minutes (sometimes resolves issue) OR accessing the homepage from another browser (not logged in) always makes the error disappear until the next 5 minutes are up.

It feels like there is some cyclic process eating up the resources perhaps by a plugin (which continues even after deactivation) and as it only affects logged in users if seems it may relate to a database connection issue?!

I am at such a loss and would welcome any help / ideas on trying to resolve this issue.

Below is a log of my attempt to work out any possible pattern:

Logging started at 12.37 GMT
    All Plugins Disabled
    Spacious Theme Active
    Logged in and refreshing dashboard page every 3 seconds (using a chrome auto refresh addon):
    12.39 – 503 error (error remains until I load homepage from another browser where I am not logged in)
    12.45 – 503 error (error remains until I load homepage from another browser where I am not logged in)
    12.50 – 503 error (error remains until I load homepage from another browser where I am not logged in)

12.50 Theme changed to AWADA (plugins still all deactivated)
    Logged in and refreshing dashboard page every 3 seconds (using a chrome auto refresh addon):
    12.56 – 503 error (error remains until I load homepage from another browser where I am not logged in)

12.57 Theme changed to HappenStance (plugins still all deactivated)
    13.01 – 503 error (error remains until I load homepage from another browser where I am not logged in)

13.01 Theme changed back to Spacious (plugins still all deactivated)
    13.06 – 503 error (error remains until I load homepage from another browser where I am not logged in)
    13.12 – 503 error (error remains until I load homepage from another browser where I am not logged in)
    13.17 – 503 error (error remains until I load homepage from another browser where I am not logged in)

Conclusion – This error occurs after 5 minutes and remains for the logged in user until the site is accessed by another – which seems to reset the issue.
    All plugins were disabled and various themes used with the error continuing on a timed basis – plugins and themes therefore don’t seem to be to blame.
    PLEASE HELP

These are the plugins the site uses:

Advanced Cron Manager
    Akismet Anti-Spam
    Contact Form 7
    Download Manager
    File Manager
    Google XML Sitemap Generator
    Hide Admin Bar From Non-admins
    Import Users from CSV
    Login With Ajax
    Modal Window (free version)