Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Redirect to wrong page

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by Tina, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Tina

Redirect to wrong page, by Tina

Just discovered that my client’s website, awishyourheartmakes.com, is redirecting on mobile to a subpage. We want the landing page to be the homepage. I was using WPTouch plugin for years and saw that it was indeed set to redirect to the puppet shows page…so I changed that, but it’s still not changing it on the live site. I now have deactivated the plugin…realizing that I don’t need it anymore…and that change shows on live site, but not the right landing page.

I should note that if you just go to awishyourheartmakes.com that it lands on the right page. But if you do a google search and tap on the first link it comes up with, it redirects to the puppet page. Every time. And I even edited a bunch on the mobile theme…all of which immediately showed on the live site…but this one thing won’t change.

I am sure I missed something somewhere that’s set to make the mobile landing page the puppet page…but darned if I can find it anywhere? Help?

Redirect to wrong page

2. Stefano

Are you using a caching plugin? If you do, you should clear the cache.
    Also try to save again your permalinks in Settings > Permlinks

EDIT: I see the same page both on mobile and desktop. I also tried doing a Google search, and the Google link goes to the same homepage.