Web Hosting
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WordPress fix Potential server errors, can’t do anything!

Discussion in 'Misc WordPress Requests' started by laurajadeglass, Nov 13, 2017.

1. laurajadeglass

Potential server errors, can’t do anything!, by laurajadeglass

I’ve had a problem with my site for a while. Tried everything even contacting my host who suggested an update might fix the issue. Tried to update it and couldn’t because of errors so decided to try a clean install.

It has installed ok, but now (as before) I can’t do anything. Can’t install anything extra, can’t update anything etc, I just keep getting error messages. I’m convinced its a server issue but they’re having none of it.

Here’s an example when trying to update the pre-installed Akismet anti-spam

An error occurred while updating Akismet Anti-Spam: Download failed. cURL error 35: error:0D0890A1:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_verify:unknown message digest algorithm

and underneath

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/s/c/scunthorpepipe/public_html/wp-includes/update.php on line 324

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/s/c/scunthorpepipe/public_html/wp-includes/update.php on line 502

any advice welcome! thank you

Potential server errors, can’t do anything!